Old 02-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #51
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Our First Diaper Chat!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacifer View Post
Ok, what would you ladies suggest. I think actually sewing some dipes would help me have some faith for this preg. Plus, I really want to give them to my overdue friend so she can test them out for me and tell me how to improve them. I'd like to do a diaper shaped diaper with layers of flannel, terry, ...whatever on hand, sandwiched in the middle. Then use a cover. I was thinking flannel for the outer layer (for cuteness), and fleece for the layer against babe's skin for a more stay dryish thing. Elastic in the legs and a bit in the back. Velcro closure. So, with that plan, I have 2 questions. 1) will those take forever to dry, and 2) is the fleece on the inside a bad plan? I know my pockets have fleece on the inside and I always added another fleece liner for extra dryness b/c my babes get diaper rash easily. So how does this sound?
I've sewn nb fitteds just like you're describing and that system really does work well. The flannel makes 'em super cute, and the fleece is nice and cozy on the inside. However, I always have to machine dry them. I live in NH, and we have hot, humid summers so my fitteds took forever to dry. I line dry my flats with no problem, but the fitteds are definitely made for the dryer. I suppose if your climate is drier and/or you have a lot of sun, you may find that line drying works, though.
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote