View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #11
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do/would you use a kid leash?

About 9 months ago, I was at the grocery store with my baby and my toddler, they were not quite a year and then 2.5 at the time. The baby was in the seat of the cart, the toddler had been riding in the basket, but was done with that and she was "helping" me put stuff up on the belt, doing great. We finished up, she then "helped" me push the cart out of the check out.

We got about halfway to the front door when she darted around the cart, shouting "let's go home!!!" and running at top speed. I took off after her as fast as a mama can when she's pushing a grocery cart with her almost 1 yr old in the seat and full of groceries. She made it out into the entry way before I could catch her. Out of the corner of my eye I see a man standing in the entryway and I shoved my full cart of groceries with the baby still in the seat at him as he began to shout "I got it, I got it!" He obviously could see what was happening, but unable to do much else. He caught the cart as dashed after my 2.5 yr old, as she ran at top speed out the front door and into the parking lot/roadway in front of the store. Thankfully the car that I had spotted as I was running out the front door after her was not actually moving.

If I had put her leash on her that morning before we left, that would not have happened.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote