View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
MamaJax2010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My son was also diagnosed....by me...as dairy sensitive. It really isn't that hard as long as you relax and just take it one DH at a time. NEVER eat ANYTHING cooked by someone else unless you know for sure what is in it and how it was cooked. Always get allergen menus when you eat out. You can cook about anything you normally would, just with safe alternatives. I love almond milk as it also boosts your supply. Fleichmans unsalted sticks in place of butter. Also, the same protein your LO is sensitive to in dairy is found in beef as well. Be on the look out for caramel coloring and casein.

You can keep breastfeeding. Its already in your babies system so no amount of pump and dump will work. Just keep nursing. My DS generally is fussy and has tummy issues for 5-7 days after I eat dairy...all is fine after. Generally if they are allergic to dairy you may need to be careful with soy as well. Breastfeeding is still best! You just have to be diligent about what you eat. Its hard at first, but you will soon find its not too bad. We have been doing this for almost a year already. It can be done!! Feel free to PM me if you need any help or advice...or just a shoulder to cry on when Dh wants pizza