Thread: How many
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: How many

I've had 3 c-sections (4 babies) due to my first son being a severe shoulder dystocia resulting in a birth injury to him and me! First c/s (second kiddo) was not fun due to a spinal headache. I got the blood patch and felt much better after that (I was wearing sunglasses in the hospital room and telling baby to please not cry cause it hurt my head sooo bad!). C-section recovery took 3 weeks to do light housework and a bit longer to feel more normal (my 14 mos. old son was still crawling so that did not help).

My 2nd c-section recovery took longer, but felt easier because I knew what to expect and what things I wanted to do differently (like walking asap, moving a lot, etc). I also cooked freezer meals for 6 weeks post-op and that helped our family a lot. I did have some complications from it though... a minor infection, but then I had sooo much pain when I urinated or had a period for 8 mos. postpartum. It turned out I had a scar adhesions on my bladder and a lot of scarring on my uterus. When urinating it felt like my bladder was going to fall out, it just hurt bad (because my bladder was contracting to empty). Then I got pregnant again and that stopped.

I did have pain on my incision during my 4th pregnancy. The doctor said it was from the lack of blood flow that goes to scar tissue. I told him it felt like the baby was just goint to kick through my incision and come out at any moment! haha. He was not worried. My c-section was difficult though. I had all that scarring that they had to work through to get to the baby and it took a long time because the doc didn't want to cut my bladder. Well, they tried to remove a lot of the scars, but in doing so, knicked my bladder. They sewed it back up and at 1 week postop. I had a few other issues that made my c-section stay not so great. I got the spinal headache again and had to get the bloodpatch. Recovery from my 3rd c-section was harder and it's taking longer to feel more normal. I, once again, was able to start doing light housework around 3-1/2 weeks postop, but had issues with pain meds (they made me so nasuceas) so I switched to tylenol which helped my nausea, but not the pain so much. My incision still burns and pulls sometimes. I'm 3 mos. postop and still can't workout because it makes my incision burn and feel spread open. So recovery has taken longer.

Doctors tend to say the more c/s you have, the longer the recovery. Our doctor said at 4 c-sections your risks of hemmrhage, placental abnormalities/problems, go up, but he says it's a personal choice to continue having kiddos or not. DH and I are unsure... I always wanted at least 5 kids, but this past recovery was not great. All that scarring was painful. Dh hates seeing me in pain which does not help! haha. We're on the fence...
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote