View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
burgler
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Please share your HBAC story

Having a rough time lately with my c-section. We had planned a homebirth due to my fear of hospitals. My mom birthed my sister and I at 42 and 43 weeks, respectively, so I wasn't worried when DS hadn't arrived at 41.5 weeks or 42 weeks. I went in for the mandatory fluid check at the OB and was told I had none, like nothing even measurable. They schedule the induction for that evening and since I was already 3cm they thought I could still have a vaginal birth. By 1am I had steady contractions. By 7am I was 7cm. Then I stalled out until 7pm. The pain was unbearable. Got an epidural and got to 10cm in a few minutes. Pushed for a few hours, but baby's head was at a funny angle, water had broken with lots of muconium and I had a fever, baby's heart was dropping, and in they wheeled me for a c-section. It was the farthest thing from my vision of an intimate birth in our home and I still cry thinking about it all, as well as all the complications that arose as a result. Anyways, all that to say that I had so much faith in my body's ability to birth before his birth, and I have lost that faith. Now I am scared of birth, afraid the same thing will happen again, afraid my uterus will rupture, etc.

Anyways, if you have any success stories of HBACs, I would love to hear them!

Thanks!

burgler is offline   Reply With Quote