View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #19
averysmom
Registered Users

Re: Help! Completely changing plans for birth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePatootiesMama View Post
Just wanted to come back and say I (finally) contacted the birth center! They have a wait list for May so chances are I will not get in, but I went ahead and registered for a tour anyway. Then I have to have my records transferred to them to get a spot on the waiting list. I'm a little nervous about that. I dont know what my ob will say. I'll stay with my ob until/unless I get a spot at the birth center. So it's kind of like saying "I really don't want to deliver with you, but unless I get a spot at the birth center I'm going to have to". Can they drop me for doing that?
Anyway, I'm going through with this because it's what I *REALLY* want, and I'm just praying that by some miracle I'll get a spot. Although I haven't figured out whether we'll be able to afford it or not. But, if it's supposed to happen it will, right?!
I seriously doubt the ob himself will even know that your records were faxed/mailed over. They shouldn't treat you any different. If they ask just explain you are exploring your options. I hope you get into the birth center!!
Avery Grace 8-17-05 Autumn Rose my HBAC baby 2-9-10 EXPECTING #4 sometime in Sept. 2012 Planning my second homebirth!!
averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote