View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 04:03 AM   #1
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thoughts on a child who is not Autistic going to an Autism Center?

My daughter is 2.5, she has been in early intervention since she was 15 months old. She has been in it for speech delay. She can sign anything and can say many one syllable words. No two syllable words. I enrolled her in preschool, and the teacher was quite upset at a new student in her class that was nonverbal. She basically refused to work with her.
My daughters early intervention teacher went to the school and talked with the director of the Autism center and they would be excited to get her. They think they could help her, and she could help the other students, because she is social and could model some behaviors that the others are lacking.
I think it would be a great opportunity for her. My husband thinks it will put her further behind.
I am looking for any feedback.
She has some autistic tendancies, but two doctors have told us she was not autistic.
Textures are an issue, clothing cant rub, wont touch certain things, etc.
Tantrums over things not being in a certain routine, or put back in place. She got in trouble for getting out of her seat to line the bins back up that were left out in the regular classroom.
Just little stuff, that mind you I think is adorable, but teachers dont want to deal with.
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote