View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
skolbut
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: If you have a child with ODD...

Oh, Katie . Thanks for the reply. That helps a TON!

Where he DOES show some of those behaviors, I don't think they're to the extreme of ODD.

He is hard to wake up and the morning routine is a HUGE struggle (the number one reason I want to homeschool!). He is quick to get angry and will argue. He DOES have to go to his room to calm down. He is volatile with his brother.

However... he's not openly defiant to me or other adults, he completes his chores when asked and LOVES to please/be a helper, he's not obsessed with getting things and his reaction when told no, in my opinion, is age-appropriate.

DH thinks we may be dealing with ODD... *I* think we're dealing with a 5 year old who has some BIG changes going on at home and needs some extra loving and guidance right now. So, yes, that DID help. I want to be able to compare with DH what is normal behavior for a kid who is struggling vs. a kid with a pretty significant special need.

ETA: Katie, or any other ODD mamas, did you struggle with PLing? Mostly voiding in defiance and/or purposeful bedwetting?
B... newly type II diabetic, wife to B 9/16/05, mama to B 1/23/07 H 9/27/08 (after three years of GI issues FINALLY getting a celiac diagnosis!) and our miracle baby C who joined us 9/6/2011, and is forever greatful to his "milk mamas" who pump for us! We do lots of crunchy things and some soggy things, too.

Last edited by skolbut; 02-18-2012 at 07:12 PM.
skolbut is offline   Reply With Quote