View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
Jen's_4
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Sometimes I feel like I'm not cut out to be a SN mom

We all feel like that! No one dreams of being a parent to a bunch of special needs LOs. It can be frustrating, overwhelming, heartbreaking, joyous and more. My Grandma is a wonderful encourager and has always had just the right thing to say when I was having one of those days--and sometimes that is often! She raised 2 special needs little ones, both of them had spinabifada and has had more than her share of trials. She was very young when her second DD was born with spina bifida. It was a very hard time for her, but she never forgot a woman who uplifted her in the church. Another young mother had just had her first baby, and was a single mother. Her baby was healthy. Someone commented that it didn't seem fair that the single mother's baby was healthy while my grandma's child in a loving 2 parent home faced extreme challenges. Another kind woman in the church brought up the point that while she may have seemed lucky, she didn't even have the baby's father for support. She also said that God always knows who to trust his "special babies" with. A kind comment like that doesn't end all your problems but it can make the world seem a bit brighter. Yes, you will still have those days. You may not feel like God knew what he was doing when he gave you a special needs LO, but I promise you that He did. You may feel overwhelmed, and you may think that I have no idea what I am talking about, and that you don't even believe in God. I don't have all of the answers but I know that God does, and there is no one better than him to trust in. No one more encouraging or uplifting--not even my Grandma!
Jen's_4 is offline   Reply With Quote