View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #3
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3+ c-sections- please share stories and info!

Wow, I would be outraged after that. I will be having C-section #4 late August of this year and my ob and I talked about it both before getting pregnant again, and at my first appointment. I was the one in the room with all of the concerns and questions and he put my mind at ease. I'm sure this varies a lot depending on personal situation and surgery experience, but I'll share mine and hope it helps you. When I had my first, I was overdue, pre-eclampsia, and induced. After 18 hours of labor, I did not progress, at all. They took me in for a C, and other than the high bp continuing for a few days, no complications. I live in a rural area, and the hospitals around here will not do a vbac. I would have had to travel over an hour to a bigger city and with the knowledge that my body doesn't seem to like to contract or dilate at all, we decided to just go with a scheduled C section at 39 weeks. Repeat for my third pregnancy. My ob told me that my risk level for complications, including uterine rupture with #4 are slim. He said that the risks do go up with each pregnancy, but with my history of not contracting and relatively easy pregnancies, he expects everything to go great. The one piece of advice he gave me was that if I think I'm having contractions in later pregnancy, or possibly in the early stages of labor, to go be monitored, because that is what would make the risks go up. In my opinion, if you have a good ob/surgeon, cutting into an organ that shouldn't be cut into shouldn't even be a concern. I would consult with another dr.

I don't know if any of that helps you, but hope you are able to get your wish and find a dr who will help you!
austinandashlynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote