Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: North Carolina Mommas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattayanna_mom View Post
what part of the Coast?
We are in Jacksonville NC and it's nice here big Military town ,good schools and not many "gang bangers and shootings"
NE Coast near OBX. Notice I didn't say "all" of the coast. I still wouldn't live in Jacksonville. Many family members have come and gone through there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHouse View Post
The S. Mtn area is the best! I've lived in Maggie Valley, Cherokee, Waynesville, Lake Junaluska, Kernersville (between G'boro and WS), and Canton. All those places were great, but Maggie Valley will always be my favorite!
I grew up in Franklin and have lived in Clyde, Sylva, and Asheville. I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha-nanagins View Post
Yep. Cary is nice - cost of living isn't the greatest, but, for the area, it's good. Holly Springs is another community in the same vicinity, and the cost of living is just a little better. Either way, you have great access to Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill without having to actually live there.

Looks like there are lots of votes for the mountains, but if you don't like a lot of unpredictable weather in the winter and don't just love the mountains, I wouldn't recommend it.

Teaching positions are a little hard to come by in NC right now, though, so you might want to look into the availability of jobs before committing to move.
This is something to consider!