View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please share your HBAC story

mama you aren't broken!! I had an emergency c-sec (after a planned home birth) and I was devastated. it was a culmination of problems, none of which had any reason to re-occur in a subsequent birth, so when I found out I was pregnant again, I insisted that I be allowed to hbac.

In the weeks leading up to the birth, I cried A LOT. I held my own chart (so that it was always with me in case I went into labour unexpectedly) and I read and re-read the labour and delivery notes from ds1 and bawled. For weeks this went on. I needed to grieve the loss of that perfect birth I never got.

Labour with my second came on VERY fast. I don't know if subconsciously I was ignoring it? 4 hours of labour and 1 hour 9minutes of pushing and I was holding my baby. I birthed him at home, in the water, and it was amazing. I know this sounds corny, but I feel like he healed a part of me that was so traumatized from my first birth.

I had a second successful HBAC 18 months after my first. I am planning another one in about 8 more months

You can do it mama!! believe in yourself and believe in your body.

We're expecting #5! "Quinn" coming July 2014!

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote