jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: North Carolina Mommas

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsis View Post
I've been in NC for a few years now, and my fav is Asheville If I had to retire in NC, that is where I'd be
That is what everyone wants to do and why property values exploded and forced locals out. Not that I blame all the retirees...it is the best place in the world During college I worked in Highlands. People would drive up on the weekends from Atlanta during the summer and fall to escape the heat. It never got above 85 there; and we thought we were going to die of heat at that temperature

I would move back there in a heartbeat. Three times we have looked for jobs there but couldn't find any. Every other school system in the state was over a science teacher with my credentials. Schools in the S. Mtns. didn't even have openings because nobody leaves! My high school teachers (that haven't retired) are all still working at that same school.

The mtns might not be the best place to find jobs in either of your industries. Greensboro is great--lots of things to do but the traffic is not terrible like Raleigh or Charlotte. I have friends in Raleigh that love, love, love it, but I couldn't live there.