View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 02:16 PM   #3
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: All You Breastfeeding MOMMYS!!! HELP

So glad you've decided to breastfeed! And CONGRATS on your new little bundle! (I have a 15mth old) I didn't really have alot of nursing problems but I had a few...I had thrush when she was smaller (ouch!) and so did she but we worked through that, had a clogged milk duct and I pumped and nursed alot until it went away and also, my milk letdown was really fast at first, but here we are....15mths and still going strong and I'm 18wks pregnant Its truly wonderful & addicting.

Those first 2wks are going to be the hardest...I suggest you find a really good lactation consultant (hosp has them and la leche league), maybe join a LLL (la leche league) while your pregnant & educate educate educate! Buy a good BFing book. (Dr. Sears is wonderful) and I have a nursing bk I'd sell ya if your interested. Hope that helps, you can do this!!

As for cloth diapering...pocket diapers and AIO (all in ones) are the easiest to start out with in my opinion. But they can be expensive, so I'd check the FSOT section on here and invest in some used ones to try until you know what brands ya like. Sorry to write a book, lol, hope that helps!

P.S if you wanna talk BFing, feel free to PM me or if you'd like the nursing book i have.

Supply issues: eat a bowl of oatmeal each morning (after u have baby) to increase your supply & buy some mothers milk tea. It has an odd taste at first, but you'll get used to it.

***rule of thumb*** with nursing, the more you nurse/pump, the more milk you make!

Last edited by CrunchyMama0607; 07-22-2007 at 02:20 PM.
CrunchyMama0607 is offline   Reply With Quote