Old 03-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #5
kktegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: mineral drilling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apo_katie View Post
I work in the petroleum industry. If they really want to work up a deal with you:

1. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT SELLING YOUR MINERAL RIGHTS!!!! I can't emphisize this enough. If you do, they can and will destory your land and when they are done with it, they might leave it a disaster.

2. Talk to a lawyer right away who SPECIALIZES in mineral and drilling rights. You want to find a lawyer and you might have to do some leg work to find a good one, but get one.

3. If and when you work out a deal with the company, make sure you get EVERYTHING is writing, down to the way they leave your land when done and the speed limits on your property. And remember, you should have the right to ask them to leave if they aren't holding up their end of the deal.

if you work out a deal, you should see some $$ for leasing your land and for any product (minerals/oil/gas) that is produced. I hope this helps.
THIS! When we bought our house, we were told we don't own the mineral rights. We live in a subdivision, but I really don't anyone going to drill.

I worked at a law firm and we had this case about a subdivision where a company was drilling 100-150 ft from their house. It was so noisy and they had trouble selling their houses. Something to think about.