View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 02:11 AM   #17
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Getting frustrated with starting to cloth diaper

Our 10 month old is 100th percentile for height and 0th for weight... very long and skinny and we've had some challenges getting diapers to fit.

Fuzzi Bunz and Gdiapers nearly always leak around the legs because we just can't get a good fit. And the freetime dipes had such a big gap that you could see daylight through to the other side when you lift her leg up.

But once you use them you can see if it will work for you or not. Even though the FTs have a big gap, there's so much absorbancy in there that we've never had a leak. She may change her peeing style and the no-leak thing may change for us... but for now they work great.

The sunbabys drive me crazy since we ordered 6 and I think each one needs a different snap setting because each one is sized weird. We've only had them a few days, but I'm watching to make sure they aren't too tight they leave marks.

Bum Genius 4.0 pockets are tried and true, and we always come back to those... Messes are rare for us in those. I do like Alvas too, and I'm really starting to like the Rumparooz. The double leg gusset means that this skinny baby has 2 changes to catch the mess.

If you haven't actually done it it seems daunting and hard to get a good fit. It's hard to know exactly how tight or loose it needs to be. But if you do it a few times you'll get the hang of it. We had a couple that made red marks so we learned to make the leg looser. Fuzzi Bunz leaked half the time so we got rid of those. Whatever problems you encounter you can fix.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote