View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Potential move to (south) NJ from AL...yikes!

Hey I am in AL and I am from NJ. I know about the culture shock!!!

In Jersey cost of living is a bit higher but the area you are moving to you can find lower costs of living places then the North and central jersey.

The best part is you will not have the outrageous grocery and sales tax but the tax on homes is more but again depending where you live.

If you are into healthy eating--Whole foods and trader joes are close by Medford in Marlton. There are alot of farms and farm stands. In that area you really could have country living or go 10 minutes away and have city living. The best schools in my opinion down there are the haddonfield schools but the cost of living is much more.

There are also alot of Dog Friendly parts down there as well. There is a leash free park in Cherry Hill and a beautiful park that is dog friendly in Medford it may be leash free now but not sure.

There will be a ton more things to do and shop and craziness compared to your town in AL with philly being 15-20 minutes a NY being around an hour away. Beaches are super close for day trips.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote