View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #13
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mo-di ID twins and a vaginal delivery

Yeah, Beck, but you did it at home too! You are my hero! I don't think I went long enough to have had a homebirth with either set. Set #1 was 35wks 0 days and set #2 was 36wks 0 days. I'm glad I was at the hospital because both times Baby B had breathing issues. B with my second set ended up on the strongest c-pap and had to hang out there for 11 days. I think it is so cool that you had them at home though!

Freethinker - I know you know it's set #3. We've known each other a really long time now...5 years almost. I picked my OB specifically because he is pro-vag delivery and is fine with it as long as baby A is head down. He isn't worried about B at all. That is cool your B flipped after A was born. I forgot that.

With my first set, you probably don't remember, but B was breech the whole time. I thought I had the correct understanding from my OB that he was fine with a vaginal delivery as long as A was head down. I was wrong and felt totally deceived. But, I didn't find this out till I was at 32wks. It was too late to change and I had no clue who to even go to. B was still breech when I went into labor. As soon as I got to the hospital, I made them do an u/s to check his position. He wasn't head down yet, but he was turning! We basically watched him turn on u/s and then I had my vaginal delivery!! My OB wasn't happy about it. I found out later, he is a c-sec happy OB, especially with twins and I was very lucky not to have one.

So, knowing I may have another set, I left his practice after my 6wk check up and immediately started looking for an OB who would be willing to deliver if B was breech. I found my current OB through another OB who I asked about it long before I was even pregnant with my second set. I saw him for the first time when I was 7.5wks pregnant not knowing if it was twins or not. I am so thankful to have found him. He's an hour away from me know, but I don't care. I love him and will stay with him for sure.

My OB also told me he delivered a set of twins, both breech because she came in basically "crowing." As he said it, he was saying, "hint, hint." He also told me about delivering twins v-bac. He has no issues delivering twins vaginally. He has a partner now (along with the MW he works with) and he has assured me that he is the same way. I hope he's right.

Anyway, I'm kind of over freaking out about them not being able to turn or something. I was being a newly pregnant silly woman. I still think it will be amazing if I have a 3rd set vaginally, but I have every intention of making it happen!