Old 03-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: vbac mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino View Post
definitely research, research, research. set some time everyday or a few times a week and read as much as you can on ICANs website about vbacs, on ACOGs site about vbacs, in the VBAC forum i added some links on a thread with info about vbacs.

a vbac is BETTER for baby and for you. Yes, terrible things are possible in a vbac, but terrible things ARE possible with a csection. You have a less than 1% chance of uterine rupture with a vbac, and even that...while totally and completely a big deal, is not always the end all its made out to be. Please, spend some time reading. also check out the books The Silent Knife and Ina Mays Guide to Birth

vba2c hopeful here!

oh and like pp said, try to stay home as long as you feel comfortable. a doula/midwife would be great if you can afford one to stay with you. some can monitor you at home, encourage you to stay focused, advocate for you in the hospital when you're in laborland.

g'luck!
Yes, yes yes!! And that's a less than a 1% chance of uterine rupture of any other pregnant woman who's never had a c/s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia&Daria View Post
Aren't you nervous that you won't know if something goes wrong?
I labored at home (at the approval of my OB and MW group) as well. I arrived at 7-8cms. They did give me some things to be on the look out for such as moderate to heavy bleeding, severe pain that doesn't stop (not a contraction), etc., then I was to head to the hospital. You don't have to labor at home, but the longer you sit at the hospital under the VBAC policies (which normally include being constantly monitored w/ IVs, etc) the lower chance you have at a successful VBAC. :/