View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 03:43 AM   #10
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I did not want to spend my next pregnancy terrified

Ah. do you have choices in your providers? I really don't know how things work over there but I would confide in your current dr and be ready and willing to change if you don't feel they can meet your needs, which go a lot farther than just taking care of your pregnancy. Be completely ready with a written birth plan and I'd present it before you roll up in labor and ask your husband to support your plan and fight for you so you don't have to. Maybe consider some meditation or hypno type of pain management and don't be afraid to say, "This is my labor, my body and my baby. This is going to go my way and that's the end of it." Some Drs will take that and let you do what you need to do. Some, might not. I had issues with one nurse in all of my pregnancies and deliveries but no other medical personnel gave me any issues. I was very clear in telling them that I'd tell them what I needed and when I needed it and I'd not stand in the way of their monitoring if they didn't stand in the way of my needing to do what I needed. Now, I have never had a section so that is something I cannot speak of but if you are fighting for a vbac, you just gotta grab yourself by the scruff of your own neck and say, "I want this and I'm going to fight for it." If you have a great DR, you wont have to fight hard.