DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: I did not want to spend my next pregnancy terrified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
They train midwives here to handle all traditional births, I am not sure if vbac would fall under a medical birth, but in such a case if it did you get who ever is on duty at the clinic.

Your own dr does not come like in the us. I had a birth plan last time and they told me births cannot be planned.
oh my goodness, I have no advice then . Wow, things are sooo different there. So you probably couldn't even have a doula in there. Can you have more than one person in there leading up to the birth? Maybe having an extra support person would be helpful in that case. Why couldn't you have a midwive at home? Is it because you had a c-section the first time around or are you too afraid to attempt a homebirth (which I would completely understand, just curious).

Education is probably your best preparation at this point. If you can't control which doctor will be with you and you can't even make a birth plan then at least arm yourself with enough knowledge that you can feel a little more in control. Having little knowledge about a situation is only going to keep you fearful about the situation. Maybe there are other moms in your area that you could talk to? Or just keep coming on here and we will all help the best we can to ease your mind. Try not to stress too much, you need to stay healthy, both physically and emotionally for you and the baby.