View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Does this forum include disaster preparedness?

Originally Posted by nothingtosee View Post
I haven't been able to stockpile much, given that we just rent and move a lot due to my soon-to-be ex husband hunting us down. I do make sure that I will have everything to survive a month or 2 "on the run" in a scenario where we won't be able to buy food/water type things. Making sure I have cash stashed somewhere is what I'm working on again, I used to always keep $2,000 in a convenient place to grab it. My goal is to be able to pick up and go within 15 minutes, and we're getting there.
I think the bug out house sounds like a really good idea, like the pp has. That sounds so cool!
I had no idea there was a show about this stuff either, guess I live under a rock!
Yeah NatGeo has a show called Doomsday Preppers and there is another one called Meet the Preppers but it on a different channel. We want a vacation cabin aka bug out house too. We're heading to a campground in May that is a few hours away and were going to look around there for some property where we can build a cabin. The area isn't too highly populated. Because we have gotten into homesteading stuff we could easily stay where we are forever, but the area is more populated then we'd like.
SAHM to LR 7/26/07 and IHM 10/6/10, wife to a self proclaimed genius, ex-navy guy. Going places and doing things that I always dreamed of, but never imagined I would.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote