View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #25
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Does this forum include disaster preparedness?

Yep, palmetto bugs fancy name for nasty bugs lol. I keep telling my kids we may have to eat roach kabobs one day so I dont poison them as long as they stay out of the house they get to live lol.

I have a longbow, I need to get hunting tips for my arrows, we have our ka-bar knives, I have a slingshot which I thought would be good for small game (squirrel, birds, etc) no point in wasting ammo. I may get each of the kids one for simple hunting & maybe self defense if they ever needed it. Also maybe a pocket knife for them, I dont want to leave them entirely defensless & would be nice if they could contribute somehow (hey mom got a few squirrels for dinner!). I also have a Gerber Gator Jr machete, would like to get this since has so many functions. As for the guns, I told my hubby that is his job and will be his contribution to my "cause" lol. If he doesnt get it done by a certain time I'll do it myself. My father said shotguns are not that expensive, and I still have plenty of my tax return to be able to get one on my own as well as a ton of ammo. Thing is I gotta find somewhere to practice shooting, sad I grew up around guns and never wanted anything to do with them. I regret it now, but I am thinking next time I visit my mom in Orlando I will have her take me to the gun range she goes to. The have classes and can get licensed to carry which would be great. No point in having a gun if I dont know how to use it or what its gonna feel like when I shoot. Hubby is pretty good with knots (stinking Sailor ) so I told him to teach me some basic ones, that could be useful in many situations.

I am trying to get our bug out gear done first hopefully by the end of the month, then work on stockpiling everything else.
wife to my sailor, mama to
LaniMami is offline   Reply With Quote