View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #30
LaniMami
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does this forum include disaster preparedness?

Good tips & ideas jbug4! I think you are right, I will approach it from a more fun angle to begin with, start with slingshots, work up to bows, and I think I will buy them classic swiss army knives. I had one when I was young and I loved it, so many tools & uses, easy to carry. I'm beginning to kinda "wind down" as it were and try to focus on one thing at a time. I was kinda in a frenzy, thinking of all the things I want/need to do and wondering how I will get it all done. Ideally I want our bug out bags done by end of this month, food/house prep by end of the year. If my dad & I find a modest plot of land nearby that is affordable we can do that, but for now I am just gonna focus on our BOBs.

I also plan on putting the kids in karate over summer vacation, so they can learn basic self defense at the very least. At home I will teach them slingshot use, and I will also start teaching my daughter basic things like cooking simple foods (eggs, rice, flatbread etc), planting a garden, basically laying the foundation to build upon. I'll have my son watch us and participate when I think its safe, I know growing up I didnt cook but I watched alot and while my mom thought I'd be useless in the kitchen I proved her very wrong.

Whew, having a plan is nice