View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #34
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: This is how I feel about the BC debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli View Post
Call me a prude, but if you think you are responsible enough to have sex then you should be responsible enough to pay for your birth control, right? Even without health insurance, there are places you can get free condoms.
Off-topic I know, but this is what disturbs me. The politicians who are waging this war against birth control coverage, or birth control in general, are the same ones who want to do away with places like Planned Parenthood. Yes, if I can't afford birth control and the government doesn't want to force insurance companies to cover it, I can go to Planned Parenthood. Except if these politicians had their way, there wouldn't be any Planned Parenthood either. It is this bigger war on women that worries me. If you can't afford birth control and your insurance doesn't cover it and then politicians cut all funding for Planned Parenthood, well what options are left? And I guess you could say just don't have sex, but we all know that won't happen. So instead there will be more abortions, or more kids in foster care, or more parents on assistance. The whole thing makes absolutely no sense. Which is why it seems rather obvious to me that the root of this has nothing to do with money (birth control is MUCH less expensive than prenatal care, delivery, and assistance), and everything to do with the personal opinions on birth control of these politicians. It is no coincidence that the politicians who argue this most are also vehemently against premarital sex and are very religious. Sorry for the tangent.

Last edited by Janine; 03-15-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote