Old 03-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #15
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would you very part time cd a baby?

I use the infant & Premium PFs from Cotton babies for our babies. The infants fit from birth (with some folding down for rise) until about 15-20lbs depending on fit and then start using the Premiums from that point until they PL. I use a snappi and wool or PUL covers. I've never had our snappi's snag the wool. I do crochet our wool though so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I see a lot on here about knitted wool snagging easily compared to my experience with crochet wool. The gerber PFs really aren't worth the money. Definitely get some good diaper service quality PFs. GMD, Imagine, osocozy, etc. are all great PF brands along with Cotton Babies PFs and a few others out there. Personally, I love the CB PFs I have a doz. chinese and a doz. indian Infant PFs as well as a bunch of fitteds and few AIOs for this baby. The chinese PFs are a bit smaller than the Indian PFs so for a 6-7lber baby you'll probably find a better fit with them. YDD was 7lbs 10oz. at birth so a bit larger than what you're thinking GC might be. You might actually want to get a doz. NB GMD PFs for the early days just in case. I think it would definitely be worth it though and should surely save you some money compared to sposies as well as the benefits of saving the sposies from the landfills. My suggestion would be a doz. GMD NB (orange edge?) PFs and a dozen CB Infant PFs of either Indian or Chinese cotton. I find them to be equally absorbent. This way you have easier folding for the first month or two and then the CB Infants will last a long while. The NBs can be used as a doubler after they stop fitting too.
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote