View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A Question about Circumcision (yes, a real question!)

This is just a guess, but it sounds like "normal" UTIs and VR UTI's are caused by different problems? The VR UTI would be caused by the recycled urine not leaving the body, right? So if you had a boy, who also had VR, the urine would recycle in him too no matter if he were circumcised or not, and would/could cause UTIs

However if the VR UTI your daughter got was introduced the same way as most "normal" UTIs (read: was not caused by VR specifically) I could see how circumcision could help your son by keeping bacteria away from the urethra since it would be uncovered ( I have heard that the foreskin can push bacteria up the urethra or trap bacteria near it, giving the bacteria easier access); although it also can be argued that the foreskin will keep the urethra clean and bacteria free on its own, so that decision is up to you, which ever way you believe

of course, this all depends on you having a boy, and if he has this condition, and the severity... but I personally believe that in your specific case it could help if in fact the lack of a foreskin does indeed keep a urethra more free of bacteria
I say this mainly because it would be important for you to avoid UTIs if possible if you were in this situation mama and good luck with whatever happens, I am sure you will do the best thing for your new LO, you sound like a very caring mama

Last edited by KB'sMama1031; 03-16-2012 at 09:19 AM.
KB'sMama1031 is offline   Reply With Quote