View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: recommend a SOFT sole shoe/sandals for a new walker

Oh we love our Robeez mini shoes! The sole is a very very thin yet durable rubber, like as thin as the bottoms of the koala kids shoes. They are anti-slip and they are SO easy to get on and off too!
We also like our Pedipeds, they have a nice thin bottom, made of leather though so our our wood floors they can be slick. Its worth noting that all of Pediped's new shoes have a different more textured bottom so that they are less slick, we havent tried them since they just came out. However we did not put shoes on my son in the house when he was learning to walk, even though we have all hardwoods, it is better for their foot to be barefoot, thats thats why the thin and flexible shoes are made for outdoors, so they can feel the ground!
Riley roos are nice too, they have rubber grips on the bottom and are a little thicker but still very very flexible, they are great for early walkers too.
As PP said stride rite are great, the stage 2 shoes (called soft motion) are awesome but definitely for children who can already walk, my son runs hard in his, and the bottoms are much thicker than the above shoes.

If you know the size your child needs, check ebay, I get most of ours from there, and find great deals! Also check out the FSOT here on DS the prices are a little lower than ebay if you can find what you are looking for good luck!