View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How often do you play with your children?

Our son constantly wants us to play with him. Not so much with toys but dancing, with the ball outside, wants to rake with daddy, wrestle, etc. He'll be 3 in September. I do love playing with him, but not all the time. I want him to learn to play by himself and let his imagination start to develop. I also can't wait until this new baby will be old enough for them to play together.

He does really good with small groups (3 or less) and he loves to run around and yell and just have fun. Not so much with bigger groups; in these instances he mainly watches or tries to get the bigger kids to watch him. I get so nervous that he won't have friends (based on my bad childhood experiences). I would LOVE to have him sit at the table or floor and play with toys or crayons while I'm doing the dishes for example, or see him really play with other kids.

So, this is a 2 part question. 1) Does all this sound normal for a 2.5 year old? and 2) How often do you play with your children? Just out of curiousity!

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
I'm a cop lovin', CDing, BFing & EPing, Co-Sleeping, & ERFing kinda mama!
After 8months of EPing with DS1 and 2months EPing with DS2 my little squish is finally EBF!!!! Persistance pays off!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote