Old 03-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #27
mom2luke&jake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My MIL gave my son aspirin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumkinsmommy View Post
What I do is not allow anyone to give my daughter ANY medication. It is just understood. The otc meds I buy remain in the original package(bottle inside box for example) as I don't want to ever take any chances on mistakes. I still read the package every time I give my daughter a medication to go over dosages and so forth.
This is why I didnt send any meds with him, he had just had a dosage of tylenol and I thought it would stave off the fever until I got home. I think she was trying to do the right thing, just didnt execute very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleatha5 View Post
I haven't read all the comments, but I just wanted to say that DS1 had Kawasaki's disease and the treatment for it (after the 4 days in the hospital) is a really intense baby aspirin schedule. He had to take 12 baby aspirins a day for the first 2 weeks and then it was tapered down for the next 3 weeks. He is fine and he took a LOT of aspirin. While peds don't recommend aspirin generally anymore, some kids (like mine) still have to take it. So, I think you'll be fine if it was only one aspirin.
That must have been traumatic! Thanks for sharing though, yeah he hasnt shown any signs so far of reyes so I think we should be good.