View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #23
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I can't take the sassiness anymore!

Um, so this is typical 4 year old behavior? Here I cried my whole day away yesterday trying to figure out where I'd gone wrong. Seriously, yesterday was plain awful.

DD goes from zero to 60 in about 3 seconds over NOTHING. And everything. For her, it's a control thing. I FEEL like we give her a lot of control over her choices, but the second I need something done that's not in her control, wowza. No matter how routine, mundane, teeny-tiny the task - it's a big deal.

I don't have any advice, but I'm trying to figure out how to handle it in a "positive parenting" kind of way. Exccept I'm such a failure as a positive parent. Seems like 50% of the time I end up in a yelling match with her and that's not how I planned out my life at all. Even if I don't yell, at some point she goes and hides in a corner, covers her ears and screams at me to stop talking to her. I just want my sweet little girl back. We're all so miserable right now.