View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the momas with buildup/stink/ammonia/new 2 CD momas/or washing trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursenmom View Post
Thanks for the tips and the time to type this out. I think I may finally switch over to liquid after these boxes run out. Why is it that it seems a lot of people recommend powders? Less additives?
Wowder has been around for so long and it's prob what all of our momas used. it's what were used to. It works for so many monas, they recomend it. Not as many momas brag about how well liquid works, it's just not as popular. Kinda like bleach. When I started cd'ing there were weird trends too. All cold, only wet pail, never use a dryer, ect.. Liquids formula has also changed over the years as the demand went up so did the quality of the cleaning and rinsing power. many will never chance a change. We stick with something that works and normally don't venture far from that. I have resently given powder one last shot. I will not be using it on diapers again. it did not rinse. I have softer water now. We have lived everywhere. I had to learn the heard way that the fancy stuff just didn't work. Good ol scrubbing was what it took. I still have tons of Caydens starter dipes still in greta shape, and they were purchased well loved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Great thread, Sarah!
Thanks Sarah!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote