View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #33
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the momas with buildup/stink/ammonia/new 2 CD momas/or washing trouble.

If you have ammonia, you really need to strip to break up the ammonia crystals/salts.
Have you tried the bath tub stomp wash with dawn? Then you would just need to wash with nothing but bleach. Are you using 1 or 2 packs of dropps? What kind of washer do you have? You will smell bleach in the wet diapers if the dispencer is working. Bleach just kills the bacteria that loves to grow in the buildup when diapers have ammonia. it won't break up the build up. You need the dawn for that. They kinda go hand in hand, the ammonia and bacteria. But not always. I just anticipate both so you get it all at one time and have a fresh start. If you normally have tons of bubbles in the final rinse, you could have detergent building up as well. The dawn will break that up as well. Can you do half of the diapers so you arn't left with nothing to use? Or sposies for a day? Or even flats while you are stripping is an option?
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote