View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: If you could quit, would you?

I'm half and half. With a newborn, I would want to be home. But with toddlers and older, I would atleast work part time. With my DS, I started work when he was only just barely 4 weeks old because we needed the income badly. We REALLY struggled emotionally in so many ways because it was so hard. DS cried 24/7, I couldn't figure out why he was always spitting up, and his sleep schedule was crazy. After I was fired from being late too often or missing work because of his fussiness (6 months later), I found out so much. His daycare was putting him in a swing all day, letting him just cry it out. They weren't sticking to a feeding or sleeping schedule, just didn't want to deal with him crying. He ended up being allergic to milk, something I would have caught if I knew how often he threw up during the day. It was just an awful, awful experience. And I missed SO much bonding time. We made up for it after I started staying home, though.

Now that I'm home with DD, I can actually nurse (such a rewarding experience). I was also able to watch her cues to figure out she is also allergic to milk, and had trouble burping, so it's something extra I work hard at to keep her happy and not fussy.

Once my children are toddlers and older, and ready to explore the world and meet new people, I REALLY want to go to work. Being a SAHM is nice, but I miss adult interaction. I feel like I'm missing out so much on adult relationships and friendships, conversations and interactions. I feel lonely sometimes and wish I had other adults to converse with. Our area doesn't have a lot of playgroups or activities for kids and parents, where as other cities might.

So I'm half and half.
Happy Wife to Handsome, Hard Working DH.
Mom to Buddy (6), Booga (3), and The Twin Beans (1).
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote