View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #29
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: May 2011 Mamas - March Chat

Originally Posted by juliabell View Post
NAPPING/SLEEPING: DS started waking earlier and earlier and I found that it's a sign of the transition from 2 naps to 1 nap. I began cutting the 1st nap down from 1.25 hours to first 1 hr, then 45m, then 30m, and now we're cutting it down to about 20-30m. This puts the emphasis on a long afternoon nap. Which will help them sleep better at night. 2 naps is too much, 1 nap isn't enough. Ibuprofen has also been our best friend these past few weeks for teething. AND if you've ever read the Wonder Weeks book, 41-46weeks of age is prime developmental time and they'll start being fussy and cranky. We have a lot of screaming over here and whining and clinging.
This is SUPER helpful for us! We've noticed a change in DS's napping but couldn't quite figure out what was going on! I will definitely mention to DH (who watches DS while I'm at work) and we'll see if we can coax DS into longer afternoon naps! Thanks!
Married to my one and only 08/08/08. Momma to DS1 5/11, DS2 11/12, and shhh someone new expected in 2015! We BF, BW, CD (most of the time), CS, and love every minute of it!
cherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote