View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #31
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: May 2011 Mamas - March Chat

Justine - I've been trying to give over that control to DS too - to let him self-feed. I started last night at dinner by giving him a spoon and a bowl with applesauce and pumpkin in it and letting him go to town. I found this thing on Amazon that suction cups to the bottom of your bowl and then to the high chair so they don't fling it on the ground. He was actually doing spoon to mouth! And it distracted him for a short while. Messy as all get out, but we do bath after dinner, so it wasn't too much of an issue. It's hard to hand over control; I'm a definite type A.

CherryCoke - Hope it helps out! I found that once we cut down to 20-30m naps, the time in between 1st and 2nd nap drastically decreases. A regular sleep cycle for LOs is about 45m so when you cut down to 30m you're waking them in the middle of a sleep cycle and so they'll tire out faster. I also find that sometimes the 2nd nap isn't as long as it needs to be, so I'll try and rock him back to sleep. If he's having none of that, we just go for early bed time and he makes up the sleep time at night. I hope it helps!
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote