View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #84
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the momas with buildup/stink/ammonia/new 2 CD momas/or washing trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by american_mommy View Post
OK I will try the Gain when I wash tonight and see. Our water softener keeps breaking and we never really know when its working so I have to add Calgon or the Amaze. I did like the RnG but ds started getting this bumps all along his diaper line on his back so I am afraid to get more but I know it was better smelling with the RnG! I am so frustrated with Tide lately. It would be great if I could just use the liquid since I get it often for our clothes. We go between Tide and Gain and sometimes I get arm & hammer if its on sale.
But the poopy diapers I swear smell like they haven't been washed at all
That's odd. Could it be the washer? I mean, like the filter is clogged or it needs to be cleaned? I'm trying to think of everything. I adore arm and hammer as well! I just get more coupons with sales for the tide. The gain is supposed to be just a more scented version of tide. It's the same company. Are you getting enough suds though? It just sounds like not enough detergent if the softner isn't working, even with the calgon. I know you can use less detergnet with calgon. That stinks you can't see when it's not.

Have you tried working something like the enzyme cleaner I spoke about or bleach to help with the bacteria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessieO View Post
Lots of great information. Thanks for posting!
Thanks moma!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote