View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #10
keithmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 4+ C-section, Christian Mamas Here?

First of all I want to say that this is a hard decision. There is so much information out there swaying you to believe that either too many sections are not good, or that your uterus always heals well and all is safe.

I have 6 children, 2 born vaginally, 4 c-section, and we are pg again and are planning another section in September. My background in short is something like this:
DS1-Born vaginally at the hospital
DS2-emergency c-section due to placental abruption
DS3-VBAC born at home
DD4-attempted to have another homebirth but was transfered for an emergency c-section b/c my uterus ruptured on the incision
DD5-scheduled c-section
DD6- scheduled c-section

One thing that has helped me in all this is that I have a very supportive doctor. When I went to see him when I was pg with #5 (that was the 1st baby of mine he delivered), I told him my history, and that I would like to vbac, however I told him that my dh and I prayed and asked that God would give him (the dr.) wisdom in my situation. He told me that he did not feel comfortable letting me vbac; he wanted to do a section, which I was at peace with. I asked him how he felt doing a c-section for 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 if God chooses to bless us with that many, and he said that was fine.

Now, if he saw potential danger he would change his mind, but for now he is fine with doing it. I have had no problems with my pregnancies, and the births have been great too (with the scheduled sections, that is. The uterine rupture one was quite scary)

So, for now we are going to continue to have children. I know that if something bad were to happen then our decision may change. I pray that God gives you wisdom in this situation.