View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Re: Grand Rapids mamas

Hi!! I'm in GR too. We like the Children's Museum - your youngest might not get a ton out of it yet, but the older kids will love it. FYI - On Thursday's it's only $1 from 5-8pm. Otherwise it can be kind of pricey.

The zoo is fun - small, but not expensive, and really kids love any zoo. Once the weather warms up again, check out Millennium Park - it's a few minutes outside of town, but not far. It is HUGE, has awesome playgrounds, lots of nice wooded trails, and a fun swimming beach! Definitely a fun summer spot.

I'm not sure where you are in GR, but if you live near downtown there is a fun children's/CD store called Hopscotch in the East Hills area, which is where I usually get my diapers. They have activities for kids every Monday at 10am, and we almost always go - it's so fun! And it's nice to know a place to go and gawk at diapers you can't buy

Welcome to GR and I hope you like it! West Michigan is so fun - especially since you're close to the beach! Definitely hit Lake Michigan up this summer - only 30-45 minutes away!