View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 05:41 AM   #15
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What does "rainbow baby" mean?

I agree that it is a baby after a loss. I don't see infertility as a loss (just a challenge to me) and therefore I never saw my triplets (conceived via IUI) as rainbow children. They became the reason why my son is a rainbow baby. Assuming I don't miscarriage before my next pregnancy though, I wouldn't consider my next child a rainbow baby. Yes they will live with the knowledge that they have 4 siblings that they will never meet (2 of which have extensive video of) but they will not be born right after said loss so to me that doesn't count. However because their birth will be a true miracle (have several doctors telling me that it is very risky to get pregnant again... for the baby not for me) I see them as something that is not defined, so I have taken to calling the next child my "over the rainbow" baby or a baby born after pelvic cancer.