View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #50
Aleesh_Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May 2011 Mamas - March Chat

Hi, Mamas! I was a May DD'er, but my little one came a tad early and I ended up delivering her April 23....but I still count myself in the May DD!

Liv is doing amazing. If anyone remembers, she was our super huge surprise baby (found out we were pg. less than 24 hrs after DH had his V surgery) and then she had a questionable NT scan and we opted for a CVS and the waiting was horrible. Luckily she was super healthy and we breezed through the rest of the pregnancy. She is coming up on her 1st birthday and is my little peanut, weighing about 17 lbs. She is my first baby that I truly feel confident in breastfeeding, and I'm proud that she has had no supplementation. (This is important to me because at 8 months with both of my previous children I thought there was something 'wrong' with me because my babies were nursing all the time. DH suggested we start supplementing, and my milk declined, so then more supplementing....etc.) IN NO WAY AM I AGAINST SUPPLEMENTING YOUR BABIES! Just for me, I feel more confident that if Liv wants to nurse every 20 minutes for a day then I know she is going through a growth spurt. If she wants to nurse every two hours then I know she is getting the nutrition/comfort/whatever else comes from nursing that she needs and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with me or my body.

She just figured out how to crawl two weeks ago, and is all over the house and into everything she can get her hands on. She particularly enjoys helping me with the laundry. (Taking out the clean clothes from the basket and throwing them on the floor while I try to fold them.) HA! When she was born her brother was just over 2 years old and had no interest in her at all. Now he is 3, and he adores her--and she adores him. We joke that she loves him more than she loves anyone else because as soon as he enters the room her face lights up and she gets all excited. He cuddles her and likes to hug and kiss her and tickle her under her chin. He calls her his "little pudgy nut" and she shrieks in laughter whenever he interacts with her.

We have a sliding glass door to our back yard, and she sits at the door and "talks" to the kids outside while they play. It is clear that she cannot wait to join them running around in the back yard. We bedshare, so sleeping is great! She starts off the night in her crib (in our room) around 8 or so, wakes at midnight to nurse, then back to her crib if we are still awake, or into bed with us if we are sleeping already. When she wakes at 4ish, she always spends the rest of the night in bed with us. She will nurse, pop off, then roll over to her daddy and hold onto him...he loves that.

All in all, she is our easiest baby. She is worn everywhere and I call her my little barnacle because she is always attached to me. I cloth diaper her while at home, and I use sposies at night and while we are out of the house. I think I've had to use the sprayer twice now, but usually her poops just roll off the diapers. She really didn't start eating actual food until about a month ago. We offered from our plates, but she was not interested. I made up a bunch of baby food for my older children, but with Livvy being so picky I didn't want to do that and have it all go to waste. I just picked up some of those pouches from Target (plum organics?) and she likes some, hates others. I'm glad I didn't invest hours in making something she refuses to eat!

DH and I just got home from our first vacation away from all of our children in 2 years! We spent 5 days in Miami and enjoyed every minute of it. It was the first time that I had left Livvy with anyone, so it was bittersweet, but I'm so happy that we did it. We actually flew my SIL in from New Mexico to take care of them, and my parents took the three littles overnight for two of the days.

So glad to hear that all your babies are doing so wonderfully, and they are all so beautiful!!!!
Aleesh_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote