View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #63
MacMama
Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: 10 hours of pushing. Yes, I said pushing. Anyone else go long??

I have never heard of anyone pushing nearly that long! Seriously mama, you are one brave and stubborn lady to have made it though that naturally. (and I mean that in a good way!) I too wonder why you had "pushing" contractions when the baby was so high up for so long... I've never felt the urge to push until the baby's head was pretty low.

I pushed for nearly 3 hours with my first, and they were threatening me with a c-section at that point so I got one last burst of energy and pushed her out.

My second I pushed for less than 10 minutes.

My third I only gave one voluntary push to get his body out-- my body pushed his head out all by itself and I couldn't stop it. The total pushing time was less than a minute.

This fourth one may just fall out by itself.

I don't know what happened in your case, but I do know that first babies are by far the hardest to push out, and after that it gets much easier.
Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (7), Paisley (5), Thatcher (3) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote