Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What does "rainbow baby" mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers View Post
The rainbow baby comes at the end of the rain storm of miscarriages and fertility battles.
And infant loss. Even though my Jonathan was born alive, he only lived 27 days, and I will consider a baby after him to be a rainbow baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
There are no rules. A loss, even one, is so profound that the light that is a new pregnancy, surely turns into a rainbow for that mother.
ANY single loss, whether it's a chemical pregnancy or the death of a liveborn infant or anything in between, is a loss and is "sufficient" for the mama to call her next baby a rainbow, IMO. One shouldn't have to reach a "threshold of X number of multiple losses" before they can call their next baby a rainbow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
Personally, I think any of us who has suffered loss knows how painful it is. I think if someone has had one loss and wants to consider their next baby their rainbow baby, it is perfectly acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohaas View Post
What is a Rainbow Baby?
It is understood that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of any storm. When a rainbow appears, it does not mean that the storm never happened or that we are not still dealing with its aftermath. It means that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover, but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy and hope.
Bolded that one bit, because I will be grieving the loss of Jonathan for the rest of my life. There is no "getting over" and "moving on" from the loss of a child. I can only find a new normal, a normal without him, and learn to live in THAT, missing him every day. The "aftermath" remains with me forever.
Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and #5 due in November!
www.MyLashesLady.com
Get paid daily. Join the sisterhood. Build your future..
Harmony96 is online now   Reply With Quote