Old 04-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #20
BooneNicuMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What does "rainbow baby" mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
And infant loss. Even though my Jonathan was born alive, he only lived 27 days, and I will consider a baby after him to be a rainbow baby.

ANY single loss, whether it's a chemical pregnancy or the death of a liveborn infant or anything in between, is a loss and is "sufficient" for the mama to call her next baby a rainbow, IMO. One shouldn't have to reach a "threshold of X number of multiple losses" before they can call their next baby a rainbow.

Bolded that one bit, because I will be grieving the loss of Jonathan for the rest of my life. There is no "getting over" and "moving on" from the loss of a child. I can only find a new normal, a normal without him, and learn to live in THAT, missing him every day. The "aftermath" remains with me forever.

I am trying to be respectful of those that struggle to have babies, and have lost children. (( Which is why 'rainbow baby' isn't in my siggy. I am very conscious about offending )) But the truth of the matter is, this infant{pregnancy} is my rainbow. S/he is a miracle with my high risk and the fact I lost my last pregnancy at 7 weeks. It was absolutely heart breaking. ( on christmas day, too ) I was terrified that with all the scaring I wouldn't be able to go through a pregnancy, as my doctor warned me was possible. She told me I might be able to get pregnant, but not be able to keep it past 12 weeks or so. We are not to 12 weeks yet, but we're to 10.5 . We pray each day the Lord will deliver us this last little package.

Congrats to all mamas that are having/have had their rainbow babies, and many hugs. This thread has made the emotional woman cry.

Abby (11) Hailey (9) Katlyn (6) Savanna (2) Grace (1) Angel baby May 2011, and Angel Baby Dec 25th 2011. & ANNABELLE Oct. 17th 2012!!!
BooneNicuMama is offline   Reply With Quote