View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #41
rlharp5375
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: VS nurse-in on the news

Luckily I also live in a state where you can breastfeed anywhere you are allowed to be in public. However I do know of a mother from another forum that was arrested for NIP at a restaurant in another state that does not have these laws. She was covered up too. The manager asked her to stop. She told him she would not that her baby was hungry and crying. He called the police and she was charged with indecent exposure. It was on the news. The charges are still pending. That makes me so sad.

The point of the VS nurse-in was not to only to get VS to look at there issues, maybe train their employees better. But to hopefully get enough attention nationwide to maybe get some laws into the works.

I will proudly say I participated in the nurse in here in Atlanta. Yes we did sit outside the store. That was for two reasons. One, we all actually met and decided to sit outside to avoid causing a pile up in the store. There were so many of us, no one would have been able to enter the store and shop. To cause a problem or hazardous situation was not "our" intentions. And two, to again draw attention to what we were doing. We handed out flyers to anyone that stopped and asked us why we were all there. We were not obnoxious or rude. We did not bash VS. We simply stated their was a need to get some federal legislation started to protect our babies right to nurse in public. I agree that there was some women on the news from other nurse ins that did represent us as a whole well. But as with any group there are those extremists that kinda go overboard.

I could go on and on. I think I said my . I normally don't comment on threads like this. But I just felt the need too. I understand everyones views on this.
Thanks Ladies.