Old 04-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
SugarAndSpiceX3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DP is 20 years older than me and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullabal98 View Post
How long have you guys been a couple? I ask because maybe when they see that you are in it for the long term and not some hussy they'll come around. It's not your fault in the least, but if he has kids then I assume he also has at least one ex. Maybe that ex did him wrong so to speak and they are just being protective. Also someone that much older may have assets that he has earned separately from you and again, they may be worried about your motives. Again this is NOT your problem or fault and kudos for you and your dp for sticking it out regardless of what people say. I am just throwing out ideas as to why they aren't warming up to you right away. If you had a "normal" family as you put it, I am sure they would be just as protective of you. Good luck. Sounds like you found a great guy!!
Honestly, I think you hit it dead on the head. He has money. In my own defense, I had NO idea when I met him. I mean, who thinks a cop has money? He doesn't act like it, doesn't dress like it, doesn't spend like it. I never would have guessed, but he comes from an oil family. We have been together about a year and a half, but since I wasn't in state a lot of the time, they really havent gotten a chance to know me. In their defense..they are sweet to me generally, but during that vacay, it just hit hard and sucked. We are talking about getting married and I brought up a prenup, and he honestly got offended. His response was "Why sugar bear..you plannin on leavin me?" I was just trying to prove it wasn't his money I wanted at all...but he knows that. Yes, his ex..is um...well, think evil. And I don't draw that opinion of her from him but her actions and nearly everyone in this town. She isn't...sane, I don't believe.