View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #45
3lilbubs
Banned - User Requested
seller

Re: I did not want to spend my next pregnancy terrified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
I am working with a midwife who specializes in birth trauma. But I have not yet found an actual counselor.

If I do go for vbac I will not be able to use this midwife. But I am still undecided at this point.

I have a birthing midwife coming on the 18th to talk to me, who I woudl be able to hire for the birth if I do go that route.

My biggest issue was them weaning my ibuprofen. I think next time if I have a csection I woudl just bring my own, my midwife even said I could take moreafter I was home then they had me weaned to in the hospital. The drs here are very weird about meds, they started weaning me on day 2 and telling me to wait any time I asked for pain meds or refusing dosing times.
I would absolutely bring some to the hospital if that would ease your mind. I hope your consult with the new midwife goes well, and I bet she could point you in the direction of a good therapist. Mine was able to give me a referral to one that I really connected with. It's a tough decision. Something to think about is not just this birth. What if this experience turns out to be the polar opposite of your first and you want more kids?
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote