View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 05:10 AM   #15
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: Relief from terrible Vericose Veins during Pregnancy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummandherboys View Post
Hello Mama's,

I am wondering if there are others out there who struggle with terrible vericose veins during your pregnancies? It has been a terrible struggle for me during 3 of my 4 pregnancies and though we are not pregnant now, we are hoping for one more baby in the not-too-distant-future, we hope BUT...as much as I feel confident that I would like to try for 1 more baby, I am scared that the pain of the veins for that many months will just be too much for even the tighest support panty hose! I am wondering what else you have found to help/work to relieve some discomfort and pain during pregnancy, besides the support hose... I have heard of a V-strap for the vaginal veins that I also deal with... what are your thoughts on that? I would love any, and all, ideas to give me some confidence that my body can do this once more!

Thank you!
My 4th pregnancy, they showed their selves all over my legs and thighs... never knew they were so painful! I found putting my feet up frequently throughout the day helped. It's so hard to do that with little ones, but it helped prevent a lot of pain. I'd fold laundry sitting down instead of standing up. I'd make breakfast and then sit for 10 min, then do a chore and then sit for 5 minutes. I'd even time myself! It's kind of annoying to do, but I noticed a big difference from when I took frequent rests vs. when I was on my feet all day.
I drank lots and lost of water which someone told me helps... can't remember if it was an old midwife or not...
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote