View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 05:45 AM   #7
kangasox
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycoke
I'm so envious of people who have already had their first appointment, even if it was just a confirmation! Our first appointment is still next week, and I'm going to be using MWs for the first time and I don't know if they'll have an u/s in the office or not. I was tempted to use my OB just for the first appt and get the u/s then switch I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow and both the MWs and my OB won't see you until after 8 weeks. It's been such a long wait because I found out so early about new bean (5 weeks). Last time I was 6 or 7 when we found out and only had to wait like 2 or 3 weeks for the first appt.
I have had an ob for the past two kids and gotten an us at 6 weeks. I switched to a midwife midway through last time and was so worried about this very same thing and even thought about going to an ob. I told her how anxious I was about hearing/seeing baby pretty much at the start if my appt, and she did an us with the portable machine even though that's not typically part of the first appt, so you might try that! I feel your pain about knowing for so long. I think we found out at 3w3days and I didn't get to see the mw until almost 9 weeks. It's been forever!
kangasox is offline   Reply With Quote