Old 04-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: * May 2011 Mamas - April Chat*

Julia Sorry I have been very absent from this thread when you were needing support. Feel free to e-mail if you ever want someone to talk to! I do check that frequently. I haven't ever had much issue with PMS either but my sister has struggled with severe mood swings and depressive symptoms around the time of her period for a long time. I can't imagine what that must be like to go through every single month and to feel like you have such little control over how you feel but you know it's coming and it's going to feel awful.

This is a tad OT but I also am not taking birth control pills right now. I have a diaphragm but find it difficult to put in and take out and my CNM didn't fit me for it so I don't know if it's the fit or what. So I am considering using the pill again. I just mostly feel like it defeats the purpose of letting my body do its own hormonal thing while I'm nursing. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was 32 and died when she was 44. Doctors say BFing is supposed to decrease your risk but I always thought it was related to decreased hormones and if I am just replacing them by using BC I wonder how much I am benefiting. That might be totally irrational. :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
Aren't those moments amazing? When you look at them (in their little plaid shorts or whatever) and you just can't believe you are their Mama?! It's truly a gift!
Oh yes. The other day a friend was visiting with her daughter and I looked at her baby and thought, "aw, she's cute" and I looked at my girl who had just crawled over in the corner and was staring back at me and when I saw her little face, I thought, "be still my heart... she's the most beautiful person I have ever seen, she's mine and I would do ANYTHING for her."